What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Web site or services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Web site and services may require registration. To create an account, you must provide your name, e-mail address, gender, home phone, work phone, cell phone, and date of birth, and billing and delivery address for orders In addition, if you place an order, we will request that you provide your name, credit or debit card information and your billing and shipping address.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Web site or services through cookies and other technologies: domain name; browser type and operating system; device ID; links you click; IP address; the length of time you visit our Web site and/or use our services; page views; and the referring URL.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Web site or our services.
- To administer contests, sweepstakes and similar promotions.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your e-mail address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Web site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Web site and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our franchisees, affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, your information is provided to the local distributor where you live so that they can process and fulfill your order for our products.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
As with most websites, when you view or interact with a Responsible Developer Web site or email message, our servers will automatically log and/or recognize email campaign information. This information is used not only to protect you but also to help measure the email campaign results. The following sections describe some of the tracking mechanisms that we use.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Web site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Web site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity and in connection with our use of Third Party Analytics and Tracking described below .
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, please note that the Responsible Developer Web site will not work properly without cookies.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We do not track our visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We are not aware of any third parties that track our visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising.
We are committed to helping you enjoy a positive email or Web site experience and safeguarding your privacy, and have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet, and you do so at your own risk. Further, our marketing partners have separate privacy and data collection practices that may be different than ours. We are not responsible or liable for these independent information-handling policies, and we recommend using caution when providing personal information while interacting online. In addition, you should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity